AUTOMOTIVE RESTORATION TECHNICIAN
Posting Date: 1/21/18 Application Deadline: 3/10/18 Type: Full Time, M-F, 8-5 Rate: $10-20/hr
Driven Restorations LLC in Randolph WI, est. 2009, provides full service, frame off restorations and mechanical repairs for all makes and models of 1980 and older classic cars and trucks. Completing all aspects of the restoration process for customers who often invest over $100k in their projects, our shop is currently contracted for work 12-18 months in advance. Due to growing demand, we are adding 2000sqft of work space, a new GFS paint booth and upgraded tools and equipment in March of 2018.
This expansion opens up a unique opportunity to hire a full time Automotive Restoration Technician who will have the chance to help us build our customer's dream cars. The scheduled projects in 2018 vary widely, including a custom show truck, original style frame off restoration of a 1949 Buick and complete body and paint for a 1970 Nova to list a few. We also provide mechanical inspection, maintenance and repair during the driving season in WI (April-Octoberish).
Shop owners, Steve and Molly Gursky, are not only committed to working on the projects every day, but they are also invested in developing employee talent and skill sets. With a focus on providing the highest quality finishes and customer service in the Midwest, developing the talent needed to build the highest caliber restorations is critical to keeping classic car’s where they belong. Driven and enjoyed.
The right candidate will be motivated, energetic and reliable with an enthusiasm for problem solving, skills development and achieving the highest quality results. On the job training as well as training certification opportunities will be provided to the right person (or people) who meet the requirements of the Assistant Restoration Technician and who are interested in gaining experience in the craft of building people’s dreams.
Engine disassembly/re-build, Body disassembly or assembly, Parts cleaning and inventory, Paint stripping/ sandblasting,Rust removal/Panel repair, Block sanding/Filler work, Shop cleaning, Panel fit, gaping and alignment, Mechanical service assistance, Paint prep and masking, Chassis assembly, Body and trim assembly, Interior installation, Audio installation, Detailing and Show prep, Assist with paint processes
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Lift 50 lbs regularly, team lift 100lbs or more
- Basic hand tools
- Stand for long periods of time and work in “cramped areas”(trunks, underdash etc)
- Fast learner, motivated, trust worthy, reliable and excellent problem solver
- Passion for classic cars and trucks
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
- Willing to ask questions and learn new tasks
- Follow verbal, written or drawn instructions
- Work independently or as a team and able to change tasks as needed
Applicants with the following qualifications are PREFERRED:
- Technical College graduate in Automotive refinishing or related
- 2 + yrs work experience in automotive refinishing/collision repair
- 2+ yrs work experience mechanical repair and maintenance
- Safely operate a vehicle lift, tire machine, hydraulic press, MIG welder, and floor jacks
- Experience in CLASSIC CAR (1930-1985) steering, suspension and brakes
- Applied experience and training certifications in refinishing materials and paint processes
- Ability to read wiring schematics, solder, and install wiring harnesses
- Prior frame-off/rotisserie restoration process experience(professional or garage builds)
NOTICE: Starting pay is based on PROVEN experience
- Hard working classic car enthusiasts who aren’t afraid to get dirty, meet basic qualifications and are excited to learn new skills are welcome to apply
- Proven experience with carburetor tuning, mechanical repair, auto body repair, auto paint processes, metal fabrication, electrical work and chassis building will increase starting pay rate pending skills test and review of work portfolio